2022-03-02 11:18News

2 March 2022

Mundus Nordic Green News

Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners' successful in US wind auction

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management’s (BOEM) largest leasing auction for rights to offshore wind development lasted for three days and resulted in a total of USD 4.37 billion in winning bids. The auction focused on federal waters in the New York Bight and is the first of seven BOEM auctions planned by Joe Biden. With USD 1.1 billion, a joint venture between National Grid, RWE Renewables and Bight Wind Holdings secured the largest of the six sites. Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners' Mid-Atlantic Offshore Wind was also successful. 

Utility Dive

Norsk Solar develops photovoltaic systems in Vietnam

Norsk Solar has developed eleven photovoltaic systems that are built on the roofs of some of the largest shopping centres in Vietnam. The investment establishes a partnership between the Norwegian Government’s investment fund Norfund, Norsk Solar and the investment fund Finnfund, which has the Finnish state as the majority owner. Neither party wants to state how much Norfund is investing in the project, but the total investment in Norsk Solar so far is around NOK 75 million. Norfund will own 35% of the plant, while Norsk Solar and Finnfund possess the remaining 65%.

“Our solar power project will produce more than 300,000 MWh of clean power and avoid 198,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions in Vietnam over the next 25 years”, said Øyvind L. Vesterdal, CEO of Norsk Solar. 


Hyzon supplies hydrogen cars to Maserfrakt

The leading supplier of hydrogen-powered, fuel cell-powered electric vehicles, Hyzon Motors, recently announced the signing of a delivery agreement with Maserfrakt. The collaboration marks a milestone to enable emission-free long-distance transport in Sweden, as the collaboration is expected to take the first hydrogen-powered heavy trucks into commercial operation to the country. 

Hydrogen Sweden

What we’re reading
  • 100% green power by 2035 – high hopes for Germany's next renewables reform (Clean Energy Wire)
  • Tax windfall profits of energy firms to raise money for green investments, EU to tell countries (Euractiv)

About Nordic Green News

The Nordic countries are some of the most dynamic and successful economies in the world. They are also leaders in sustainability, from renewable energy, biofuels, carbon capture and storage and the hydrogen economy, circular economy business models and battery development, the Nordics are pioneers in policy design, technology development and consumer uptake. Mundus Nordic Green News is covering this transition for the international community. Every day we curate the stories of most relevance to international businesspeople and policy experts from the flow of news. Mundus Nordic Green Indices summarise the meta-data from our daily coverage to enable easy tracking of trends. We supplement these with our own opinion pieces and commentary.